The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal for January 2018 > "The outcry to the Lord" 1-7-18

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture (Genesis 19:13b) The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.

Observation:  Here the two angels that have come to rescue Lot, his wife and two daughters is giving them a warning that the place (Sodom and Gomorrah)  they live in is filled with wickedness and will be destroyed.  Lot hesitates and the angels grab him by the arm and leads him out of the city as verse 16 tells us: "16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them".  Our God is truly merciful then and now.

Application:  What spoke to me in the latter part of verse 13 is how the "outcry to the Lord against its people" was so great. It was so great that it demanded justice in the way of complete destruction of a whole city.  Here is a verse in scripture that tell me that God hears our cries, he hears our prayers and will carry out justice if it demands it.  It also tells me that a multitude of prayers is sometimes needed for God to move.  Prayer is important and vital.

Prayer:  Lord forgive us as Christians when we have strayed away from prayer. I pray that the Holy Spirits' conviction will reach out to your people to have a burning desire to pray things right in your eyes.   Let it begin with us Lord, let it begin with me.  In Jesus Name...Amen

January 8, 2018 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.