The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 2020 > "SALT" 3/2/20

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture: Mark 9:49 (Amp) 49 “For everyone will be salted with fire. 50 Salt is good and useful; but if salt has lost its saltiness (purpose), how will you make it salty? Have salt within yourselves continually, and be at peace with one another.”

Observation: Salt as we know it is used for flavoring, purifying, preserving and other uses. Here the scriptures allude to the fact that we as Christians are continually being molded, shaped, renewed and made holy in the eyes of God. But at the same time it doesn't make sense if we stray away from God or neglect to obey his word or can't learn to love God or others (lost it's saltiness). To me, "have salt within yourselves" means to continually have the love of God in us so that we may be at peace with each other.

Application: Being directly in the salt business I see first hand how salt is made by direct drying of the sun. And during the process various shapes of crystal are formed and it eventually glistens in the sun prior to harvesting. It is from there we harvest, pack and ship the product out to be further processed by sifting, cleaning and eventually packaged and sent to customers. We as Christians need to learn how to be seasoned just right (not too salty) and purified by God at all times. We need to experience his grace, mercy, goodness and unconditional love so that we in turn can extend the same to others.

Prayer: Lord teach me each day how to season my life just right so that I may bring honor to you. Help me to know how to season others with your Word so that they may also experience your love. Lord I thank you that you have purified certain areas of my life but I know there are other areas that still need work....I ask you to give me the courage to be "salted with fire" by You. In Jesus Name...Amen

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

March 15, 2020 at 3:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.