The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 2020 > "I BRING AN OFFERRING" 3/9/20

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture: Deuteronomy 12:6-7 (NIV) 6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks. 7 There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you.

Observation: As I read this scripture I thought about how we meet together as a church. Are we having the same mindset in coming to give something instead of just taking?Are we giving of ourselves sacrficially, our tithes, special gifts, offerings, etc. like the Israelites. What posture are we coming to church with? It seems God required of the Israelites that when they come to worship Him in His presence to bring something. Have we allowed ourselves to to be so engulfed in the "consumer-mentality" of the world's view? It does make you ponder. At the same time, I do like how the scriptures talk about coming to eat as a family when we come together...for God has truly blessed all of us.

Application: These last several days I have been thinking about how I had accepted Jesus into my life and Jesus accepting me. I recall watching Kung Fu movies and seeing the potential students or disciples bowing down before the Master and asking them to accept them as their student. I think they used the word sifu (martial arts instructor). And it would be up to the Master to accept him/her or not. Yes the bible does tell us that if we confess Jesus as our Lord that we will be saved. On the otherhand I need to be sure that I am really offering my life to him and not taking it casually but seriously. Just as a disciple of a Martial arts instructor takes it seriously...putting their all (heart and soul) into it....receiving corrections and being disciplined...training, etc. How do I apply today's scripture? Come humbly to the Lord (our Master) with an offering ready for instructions especially when we gather as a church.

Prayer: Lord (Master) forgive me if I have not positioned myself humbly before you. Forgive me for sometimes taking things for granted in how blessed I am because of you. Thank you for showing me and reminding me the importance of coming to you with an offering and not just taking. You have been so good. I pray you would continue to teach me Your ways. Thank you also that you know about every virus, calamity, pandemic that we face already...and it doesn't surprise you. Keep me grounded in your Word in not panicking, worrying, etc. because you offer the kind of peace that is no where to be found in this world. Thank you Lord....in Jesus name...Amen

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

March 15, 2020 at 3:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.