The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 2020 > "Crucified with Christ" 3/11/20

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture: Galatians 2:20 (NIV) 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Observation: I paused when I read this scripture. It says " I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live". Have I really taken the steps to be crucified with Christ? Am I still hesitating to be crucified with Christ? Have I been sometimes too involved in the ongoings of the world that I have stepped off the cross of being crucified with Christ? This passage of scripture makes me evaluate my thinking as a Christian and ask the hard questions to be truthful with God. This is cause for self-evaulation.....this is what I observed in scripture.

Application: Being crucified with Christ is a hard statement and pretty much a hard life to live if we are honest with ourselves. There are some things the flesh doesn't want to do for Christ. The word "obedience" comes to mind. In reading some of the earlier scriptures of today's reading in Deuteronomy, it says that if someone is found guilty by two or three witnesses because of some evil they have done, the witnesses themselves needs to put the person to death, then the other people. Wow, not sure if I would be able to do that. But this is what the Lord required at the time. What have I learned into today's reading? That I alone by my own flesh and strength will not be able to do all of what the Lord requires of me. I need to rely on His Holy Spirit to do those things that take courage.

Prayer: Lord, thank you that you are patient with me. Thank you that you see my flaws, weaknesses and areas where I need work. In that, I trust that you will help me in my walk with you. A special prayer for Don and Linda as they prepare to travel today. Be with them while they are away from us, we pray for their daughter too who is giving birth soon. Lord, I thank you that I can come to you at any time of day or night. Thank you for always being there....in Jesus name...Amen.

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

March 15, 2020 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.