The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 2020 > "DOING GOOD ALWAYS" 3/14/20

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture:  Galatians 6:9-10 (NLT) 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

Observation:  There must have been a reason while the Apostle Paul encourages us to "not get tired of doing what is good". Maybe because he knew that we would.  Maybe he knew that there would be days that "doing good" would be the last thing we were thinking because of all life's worries and stress raining down on us.  Here he tells us that if we keep going we will reap a harvest of blessing "if we don't give up".  The he goes on to tell us to do good to everyone but "especially to those in the family of faith".  Especially is defined as:  "to great extent" or "very much".

Application:  The bible tells us that there is no one good except God -Mark 10:18 . Therefore our goodness is drawn from God and not our own self (flesh). For there will be days when we want to give up doing good, there will be days when we are worn, weary and tired. But the key is for us to not lean on our own strength, wisdom and understanding but to lean on God at all times and be led by His Holy Spirit.  He is the one that will sustain us...He is the one that will help us endure...He is the one that will draw near to us when we draw near to Him.  I believe one of the reasons we are to  to be very good to  "those in the family of faith" is because  our bond and relationship is eternal.

Prayer:  Lord we say it all the time "God is good...all the time and all the time... God is good"!  Help me to know your goodness even more as each day passes by.  Help me know how to be good to others also, especially those in the faith.  Lord would you be good to your children in protecting us from the Coronavirus and any other illnesses that may want to harm us. But at the same time Lord let your will be done in accomplishing all it needs to be done during this pandemic.  Help us not to fear...but to have faith in You....help us not to panic....but receive your unsurpassing peace....help us not to be absorbed by the "world's narrative", but be absorbed by every Word that proceedeth out of your mouth....in Jesus Name...Amen...and Amen...and Amen.

--

"Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord!"

Pastor Cameron Hiro, Heart of Aloha Church

March 15, 2020 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.