The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "I AM NOT ASHAMED" 3/1/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic: CHRISTIAN WALK

Scripture:

38If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

(NIV) Mark 8:38

Observation:

When I read the scriptures above --Jesus is talking about how we allow other people that view us to be more important than Him.  Yes, there may be times where people talk about us, gossip about us, and we may even take offense on how they even look at us.  But here Jesus is saying, don't be to concern about how other people see you----you should be more concern in how God sees you.

Application:

I'm sure we have all been in some kind of embarrassing situation where the feelings of being ashamed felt very uncomfortable.  It's like our conscious just shifted into high gear and every cell in our body is screaming "hide me--hide me" quickly.  But when we draw closer to God, and as we develop an intimate relationship with Him in our time of meditation on His Word, in prayer and a consistent fellowship with other believers (that help encourage us), our eyes will begin focusing on "eternal things" that will stunt the "temporary things" of this world.  Then it will not matter what people say about who we are in Christ---for we will not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Prayer:

Lord help us to continue to love upon those that may criticize, ridicule or disconnect themselves from us because of our love-walk with You.  Let our example be one that will make them curious enough to wonder why we feel so strongly to live a life in Christ Jesus. As you word tells us in Mathew 19:26--"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

We continually pray for the salvation of our loved one.....to You be the Glory...in Jesus name...Amen.

March 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.