The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "THINK BEFORE YOU TALK" 3/2/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Obligations

Scripture:

When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.

(NIV) Number 30:2

Observation:

How often do we get disappointed when someone tells us that they are going to meet us somewhere and they don't, or they say they are going to do something for you-but they forget, or was going to bring you something but they didn't.  Imagine doing that to God.....hmmmmm.

The scripture tells us "he must not break his word and must do everything he said.

I think God takes it very serious in the things we say that proceedeth out of our mouths.  So true is the saying "think before you talk".

Application:

Often times we say something without thinking it through.  We may even obligate ourselves just so that we don't hurt the other person's feelings.  I believe as we allow God's word and His Holy Spirit to guide us--it will bring about decisions we make that are honest and truthful.  And will not allow us to overextend ourselves ending up in not fulfilling our so called "vow".

Prayer:

Lord, I pray you would continue to guide my mouth in what I say.  May it be used to Glorify you.  And help me to pause if need be, to think before I answer or "vow" to do something....in Jesus Name...Amen

March 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.