The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "HERE TO SERVE" 3/3/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Serving

Scripture:

45For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

(NIV) Mark 10:45

Observation:

As Christians there is a message here about serving. When Jesus was born- his sole purpose was to serve his way to the CROSS.  And yes right now he is sitting on the right hand of the throne of God ever interceding for us--but I believe he expects for us to do the same while we are here on earth.  In His Second Coming he will not come to serve but come boldly in a  triumphant fashion to do battle with those that are wicked.

Application:

Although the world may define, entice, lure and attempt to magnetize us towards a life of serving "SELF" only (such is the word "SELFISH")---God's kingdom principles say otherwise while we are on earth.  We are to take every opportunity given to serve others.  This is our mandate while we are here representing Christ as his ambassadors until such a time we join up with him in Heaven.

Prayer:

Lord I know there are many temptations to follow the world because a large majority are doing it, but help me guard my heart, my mind and my soul while here on earth.  Keep me attentive, alert, and aware of my surrounding at all times.  And yet keep me focused on YOU to finish the race.....in Jesus Name...Amen.

March 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.