The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "BREAK CAMP" 3/5/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Evangelism

Scripture:

6 The LORD our God said to us at Horeb, "You have stayed long enough at this mountain. 7 Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates.

8 See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land that the LORD swore he would give to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—and to their descendants after them

(NIV) Deuteronomy 1:6-8

Observation:

The story about the Israelites exiting Egypt has alot of parallels with our initial walk with the Lord----such as when we are in the process of dying to ones  "old self" and transforming into a "new creation".  This process is a journey that will take us up against challenges, setbacks, testing, patience, endurance, character-building, etc. just like the Israelites. And along the way we might find ourselves getting too comfortable in our walk with the Lord that we become complacent and figuratively "camp" out in this area (or mountain as the above scriptures state).

Application:

There are couple applications that come to mind when I read this scripture:

First--the Lord desires that we move in a continual state of "evangelism" in sharing the Gospel and not get too lethargic in our walk with Him.

Second--Prophetically, this scripture brings to mind how we as a Church have been outreaching to the town of Maunaloa (mountain)  for the past year--and now the Lord  is saying "break camp and advance to the hills of __________(Kualapuu, Kalae, Hoolehua, etc.,etc.)

In other words there are more people that need to hear the Gospel and the Lord wants us as believers to "possess the land".

Prayer:

Lord our hearts desire as a Church and believers is to get your message out in the best relevant way we know how, by the guidance of Your Holy Spirit.  Keep us ever so sensitive to the move of Your Holy Spirit---help me as a Pastor to hear you clearly in the leading of Heart of Aloha.....in Jesus Name I pray....Amen

March 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.