The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "WOMEN OF GOD" 3/8/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Women

Scripture:

40Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome. 41In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there.

Observation:

It seems there were many women in Jesus' ministry while on earth that followed him and cared for his needs.  Some of them were even there during his crucifixion.  I believe women at that time played an important role in assuring that Jesus' basic needs were met so that he could go on teaching in the temples and throughout the countries. Women at that time seem to know that Jesus was an important person so they made sure they were available to him.

Application:

In the family, in the Church, women play a vital role in the strength and effectiveness of these areas.  If Jesus found it necessary to have women to take care of his needs and the many other responsibilities they may have had, I believe that is a big clue in making sure women do the same today.  And as I look around in our immediate and extended families, including the Church, I see this to be very true.  There are certain areas that we as men have our limits to, some call it having a "women's touch" instead.  I guess if you break down that word WO-MEN, it could mean WHOA--MEN. In other words, it often best that women take care of certain areas in our lives than we do.

Prayer:

Lord I pray as men we would realize that women are very important in our lives to fulfill Your Will.  Help us not to get too prideful thinking that we "have it all figured out", but to have a patient and understanding spirit to hear from them too.  Lord, your word tells us that when you created Adam no suitable helper was found---so Eve was created.  Help us to honor the women in our lives for they too are our helpers....in Jesus Name ...Amen.

March 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.