The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "SNUFF OUT" 3/12/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  GRACE

Scripture:

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God

Observation:

In the Israelites' quest to overcome the nations before them, they were instructed not to leave alive anything that breathes otherwise they would be influenced to serve other gods and sin against the Lord.  The Lord knew oh so well what these influences would do to the Israelites, and out of His Love for them had warned them.  Again we see how God always remains faithul on His end.

Application:

It brings to mind how we too may have things in our lives that "influence" us to sin against the Lord.  We need to carefully look around our homes, office, workplace and just as the Israelites were instructed, we too must snuff out (figuratively speaking) anything that may cause us to sin against the Lord.  In Biblical times the people were simply killed if they sinned.  I just thank the Lord that we live in a Season of "GRACE"! Otherwise we too may have ended up like these other nations....whew....

Prayer:

Lord I may not fully understand the extension of your GRACE towards mankind today, but I do know that I am very thankful because of it.  Help me as a person to extend that same kind of Grace to others with Love.  I pray you would help all of us as Christians to look around us and begin to dispose of, snuff out, turn away from, disassociate ourselves from, and remove anything that is causing us to sin or drawing us further away from you.....in Jesus Name...Amen.

March 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.