The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > Not second class!

Capt Clay Ching

Scripture   Galatians 4:6-7  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out "Abba, Father!"  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Observation   As a youth growing up I always struggled with identity and recognition as a person. Growing up in a broken home didn't help either in my self identity and feeling of worth. I always felt that I was not good enough compared to other kids that had whole families, where I did not. The one thing however, I did have, was a father that loved me and stood beside me through everything that I did as a kid. His love was never an object of doubt.

Application    Having Abba as my heavenly father is similar but eternal, unlike my physical, earthly relationship with my biological father. As an heir of God I can claim what He has provided for me, a full and real identity as a child of God. In essence He has made me a first class citizen and not second class. What an honor and privilege to serve such a loving, all providing Father.

Prayer  Lord thank you for an identity in You. Thank you for ALWAYS being there for me in all that I am and in all that I do. Thank you that I am a child of God and worhty of every promise that You have for me in Your word, amen.

March 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.