The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for March 1st-15th > "SPELLED OUT" 3/14/10

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Temptation/Sin

Scriptures:

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God

(NIV) Galations 5:19-20

Observaton:

As they say, everything is pretty  much "spelled out" . Man is born with a sinful nature, and we are susciptible to the above items if we let them.  It is for this very reason God has given us his Holy Spirit to help us overcome falling into any of these temptations.  Instead, the Lord wants us to LIVE and be LED by GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT.

Application:

verse 22--spells out how it looks like when we are living by God's Holy Spirit: 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control.

Living by God's Holy Spirit takes an act of deliberate intention and practice on our part.  It may not come naturally and therefore takes a concerted effort on our part especially in the area of Prayer to God to help us.

Prayer:

Lord we so need your help to overcome the temptations of this world.  Sometimes the conflict to do what is right and sinning can be overwhelming.  But we will continue to Trust in You, for we know that You will not put us through anything that we cannot overcome.  Help us to LIVE AND BE LED by Your Holy Spirit........in Jesus Name...Amen.

March 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.