The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journaling for April 1-15th 09' > "INSIDE-OUT" 4/4/09

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Transformation

Scripture:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

(NIV) 2nd Corinthians 4:16

Observation:

How true it is that  as years go by our body show physical signs of aging (wrinkles, white hair, no hair, achy joints, etc.) But on the other hand, as we grow in spiritual maturity our inner spirit is being renewed day by day.  This is an awesome transformation that happens and an exciting one. Because even when we die our Spirit lives forever. 

Application:

We should not let the aging of our physical body hinder us from growing in spiritual maturity. It should motivate us to be involved  much more in the things of God.  It should move us much more to dig deeper into God's Word.  It should light a fire under us to reach as much people as we can with the Gospel. When we look in the mirror as the years go by, our aging should remind us that our time on earth is short and to do what we can while we are still here.

Prayer:

Lord my prayer this morning is that you help me focus on the plan you have for my life.  And that you would help me discern what is a distraction and what is of You.  I know your Word tells me to "redeem the time", so I pray you would guide me with intense focus to do that. 

Thank you for bringing my brother Pat home safely. Keep him in your Protective Care as he discovers more of Your grace and mercy in his life.  Keep him on the right path and I pray by the blood of Jesus Christ that no evil or harm may come against  him or his family.....in Jesus Name ...Amen

April 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.