The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journaling for April 1-15th 09' > "NO MATTER WHAT" 4/6/09

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic: Endurance

Scripture:

Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything

(NIV) 2nd Corinthians 6:4-10

Observation:

After reading today's scriptures, I couldn't isolate a short passage of scripture as normal after reading about Paul's hardships he had to endure. Every single word needed to be entered in my journal.  So often in our lives we think we are going through extreme hardships, but after reading what Paul went through, our problems and challenges seem to dwarf.  Paul had an "all out" kind of perspective in his drive to serve the Lord, a "go for broke" --"do or die" kind of attitude. For indeed, he did come across times when he almost died.

Application:

Seemingly I may go through some hard times, but I also know that everything is relative. Meaning compared to what?  I may not come across situations of being stoned, shipwrecked, scourged, or even cast into the middle of a riot, but Paul's experiences does shed some "reality checks" on situations I go through. For I know that the Lord will not put me through something that I cannot endure or accomplish for His Will.  Besides, he said he will always be by my side.

Prayer:

Lord, I simply will Trust you no matter what circumstance I face.  And even when I'm in the middle of a "storm of challenges", I will set myself in the "eye of the storm" where your calming peace will get me through.  And thank you for showing me Paul's experiences that reinforces my faith in You even more......in Jesus Name....Amen

April 6, 2009 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.