The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journaling for April 1-15th 09' > "SCRUB MY HEART" 4/7/09

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic: Repentance

Scripture:

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

(NIV) 2nd Corinthians 7:10

Observation

True repentance brings about a godly sorrow. It is earnest, it brings about change, it motivates you to change from your wrong ways and turn to God, there is an eagerness to clear yourself from sin and do the right thing, and really to see things from God's perspective.  On the other hand, worldly sorrow only recognizes sin and feels guilty about it, but does not do anything to correct it. Therefore continued sin brings about death.  Romans 6:23 tells us --"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (NASB)

Application:

We all have a sinful nature within us, but that should not be an excuse for sinning when we know what is right. When our relationship with the Lord grows and grows...it should lead us to seek His Light more and more...darkness must flee.

Often times repentance includes asking for forgiveness, agreeing with God that what you're doing is contrary to His Word or His Will. Repentance must come from the heart and not just the mind.

Prayer:

Lord, I know that repentance is an ongoing process, even a daily one.  Help me to turn my eyes, my ears, my mind, my heart from those things that are displeasing to You and dishonor You.  Lord as we've learned it past scriptures, help me to represent you well as an Ambassador of Christ. Let not my mouth speak one thing and my actions say another. I thank you Holy Spirit that You will continue to reveal those areas in my life that needs to change. Help me to give my heart a good scrub when needed.....in Jesus Name Amen.

April 7, 2009 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.