The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journaling for April 1-15th 09' > "KNOWING ABOUT SIN" 4/8/09

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Topic:  Sin

Scripture:

For I told him that I would judge his family forever because of the sin he knew about; his sons made themselves contemptible, and he failed to restrain them.

(NIV) 1st Samuel 3:13

Observation:

Here the Lord is telling the young Samuel of what the Prophet Eli failed to do because of the sin he knew about of his sons.  This is the first time the Lord spoke to Samuel and it proved difficult for him to share this with Eli after hearing it, but he did. 

Application:

The Lord takes the area of "sin" very serious, especially knowing about sin and not doing anything about it.  We must do everything we can in correcting and restraining not only our own selves but others around us (in love) when there is a hint of sin in the camp.

Prayer:

Lord, give me the strength to restrain from sin and teach me how to help others restrain from sin too.  Above all else Lord, help me to display Your love for others to see in my life.

As Easter service rolls around the weekend, I pray a hedge of protection and a fortified wall around the Maunaloa Theater so that there be no distractions, technical challenges, or any evil or harm that may enter into a place where we declare as Holy Ground for Worship.

I pray that each one that enters that building will sense a tremendous amout of peace, joy, freedom, love  and Your presence.

Lord I pray that You call forth those that have been sitting on the fence and bring them into Your Kingdom.

I pray for strength, wholeness, and a renewed passion for those that will be serving in all areas of the service.  I pray for the right words to be spoken from each person to encourage those that attend.

As your word tells us in Psalms 77:

13 Your ways, O God, are holy.
       What god is so great as our God?

14 You are the God who performs miracles;
       you display your power among the peoples.

Lord let your miracles and display of power be among the people that attend .....in Jesus mighty name....Amen.

April 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.