The Vision: “E ho’ohälau i ka hale a piha i nä makamaka” (Fill the house full with intimate friends)

YOUR JOURNAL ENTRY

Forum Home > Journal Entry for June 2012 > "ADVANCING THE GOSPEL" 6-11-12

Pastor Cameron Hiro
Site Owner

Scripture: 12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters,[b] that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. (NIV) Phillipians 1:12

Observation: Reading this passage made me sit back and evaluate and ask what am I doing to advance the gospel. I mean to really take a look at my activities, busyness, ministry and my whole life in general. (And to think that Paul was in chains while writing this)...When I look back at the crossroads of my life, I can definitely see God's hand at various turns to bring me where I'm at as a Pastor. Even till this day I'm in awe and amazed. In Paul's case it was his suffering and imprisonment that was advancing the Gospel where other followers became fearless upon hearing this. I believe in my case it is my faithfulness to God's call upon my life, to be diligently seeking him, to be ever so reliant on his Holy Spirit, to preach the message in how God created me to be and to step beyond my comfort zone for His Glory.

Application: I was once prophesied over that my walk with God will start off like a slow chugging along type of choo choo train (locomotive), then as time goes on it will pick up speed. Oh boy! That's exactly what happened....Now my time is shared between the Ministry of Heart of Aloha and my job at Hawaii Kai Corporation as an Operations Manager. But the more I think about it, the Gospel of Jesus Christ should be shown in all areas of my life no matter where I'm at and the advancement of the Gospel will be threaded in my actions and responses in these areas too. The advancement of the Gospel in my life will be dependent on my faithfulness in words and deeds that show the love of Christ.

Prayer: Lord I pray that you will help keep me aligned with your Word, that I may step out in boldness and courage when necessary and that my words and deeds will help advance the Gospel; and so will the challenges and trials I face too. Keep me laser-focused on your will for my life...in Jesus Name...Amen

June 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.